Wednesday 26 August 2015

Dad's Advice







I play a lot of chess: It helps me focus, relax, and abstract.  


I will start with some really basic hints, which my father, who played chess very well, and taught me the art, passed to me.


He read quite a few books on the topic and was extraordinary in terms of learning and teaching.


These are basic, but not trivial, hints:


  • If you have a situation in which you may take a horse with a bishop, take it. In 99% of the cases, that will be the best thing to do because the horse has this extra capability, of tricking our eyes and going more places in terms of check than the bishop, which goes more in a linear and easy-to-quickly-foresee way;
  • Try to always get the most powerful pieces to communicate with each other (my father's expression): The castles and the queen would ideally have no pieces in-between them (your pieces, of course); 
  • Pay enormous attention to the middle area, for it is the most important area and, if you dominate it, you will probably win the game; and
  • Do the castling as soon as possible.


_________________________________________




Please help us keep on inspiring you by acquiring one of our online courses: 


_____________________________________________________











No comments:

Post a Comment